Austin Bridge and Road (ABR) was awarded this design-build project for demolition and construction of 6 bridges in Tonto National Forest on the Tonto Forest Access Control Road. WPC was hired to perform the clearing and grubbing, as well as construct the detour temporary bridges to provide continuous access to the public.
Scope of Work
- Clearing and Grubbing: trees, brush, stumps, roots, and large boulders
- Disposal of debris
- Provide designated quality control management
- Constructed detour access temporary bridges which included:
- Concrete Slurry
- Concrete Barrier Reinforcement
- Temporary Retaining Walls
- Water Diversion
- Provide Quality Control Manager for scope of work
- Work in Remote Location
- Accelerated Schedule
- Multiple Client Coordination (ABR, US Forest Service, FHWA)
- Diversion of water as detours built in active waterways
- Keeping safe work environment in varying conditions.