Sabino Canyon Restroom Replacements
This work, awarded in August 2008, consisted of the demolition and replacement of 3 restrooms at Sabino Canyon in Tucson, AZ. The scope of work included the demolition and new construction of three masonry restrooms (two sewer and one vault) and associated site work including concrete walks, ramps, barricade railing, and asphalt parking lots. Collaboration between WPC and the owner for the new restroom locations and access was necessary. It also included the design of a tram turnaround at Stop 8 for future development.
Scope of Work
- Demolition and construction of 3 restroom buildings.
- Earthwork, excavation, and grading.
- Install utility lines and connections.
- Install 200 linear feet of sewer lines.
- Install 200 linear feet water lines.
- Install drinking fountains and drain pits.
- Concrete slabs and walkways.
- Relocate existing trash bins.
- Remove and reset existing rip rap.
- Relocate boulders, picnic tables, benches and grills.
- Construction of 3 Romtec Restroom kits.
- Installation of decorative rock facade.
- Managed multiple suppliers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Effectively managed on-site personnel meeting high quality and safety standards along with effective tenant relations.
- Simultaneous management of multiple phases with multiple disciplines and schedules.