Van Deman Hall Repairs
This contract was awarded to West Point Contractors, Inc. (WPC) to renovate, repair, and provide scheduled maintenance to the Army Reserve Center’s Van Deman Hall named for General Ralph Henry Van Deman (1865–1952), and sometimes called “The Father of American Military Intelligence.” This contract required us to repair, maintain, and upgrade the Army Reserve Center’s Van Deman Hall in San Diego, CA through a phased renovation of the building. The renovations included: demolition of interior walls, flooring, lighting, electrical, repair and replacement of drywall, renovation of restroom and shower facilities including tile, partitions, plumbing, fixtures, electrical and lighting; removal and replacement of flooring (VCT and carpeting); acoustic ceiling gird and tile; interior painting; exterior stucco repairs, painting of gutters, down spouts, caps, and fascia; exterior stucco system and painting; POV and MEP parking areas were repaired and maintained with slurry seal, new wheel stops installed and parking lots re-striped.
Scope of Work
- Remove and replace acoustical ceiling tiles.
- Remove and replace existing flooring and carpeting.
- Repair, prepare, and paint interior walls.
- Restroom abatement.
- Replace doors, door frames and windows.
- Install ceramic tile flooring and dry wall.
- Slurry, crack seal and stripe facility parking lot.
- Managed multiple suppliers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Worked in occupied environment.
- Effectively managed on-site personnel meeting high quality and safety standards.
- Simultaneous management of multiple phases with multiple disciplines and schedules.