Tonto National Monument Visitor Center Re-Roof
This project, located at the Tonto National Monument Visitor Center, was awarded to West Point Contractors, Inc. (WPC) as a Design-Build contract for the National Park Service. Leaks were causing damage to the visitor center below. WPC was tasked to survey, design, and construct improvements to the roof drainage, as well as repair damage caused by existing leaks.
Scope of Work
- Demolished the entire layered roof-deck walking surface.
- Installed a new pedestal paver roofing system.
- Fabricated and installed drainage piping and grates.
- Salvaged and reinstalled observatory telescope and benches.
- Completed repairs to historic rock wall facade.
- Simultaneous management of multiple phases with multiple disciplines and schedules.
- Historic site.
- Remote location.
- Effectively managed on-site personnel meeting high quality standards along with effective tenant relations.
- Public and staff access maintained.