San Manuel Wastewater Treatment Plant
This project consisted of 350,000 GDP, Tertiary Treatment Level, Groundwater Discharge. Work was performed as a subcontractor for Santec Corporation in 2007. The new facility consists of automated head works incorporating a spiral lift, flow equalization and pumping, four-stage anoxic/aeration/anoxic/reaeration process, secondary clarifier, disinfection and effluent pumping system. In addition to the typical fiberglass tank construction utilized in Santec water reclamation facilities, this plant incorporates more traditional, concrete elements such as the circular clarifier and head works system. This blended approach provides all the benefits of an underground design (noise, odor and aesthetic control) with the open access of standard wastewater treatment systems.
Scope of Work
- Construction of clarifiers.
- Installation of tanks.
- Construction of 2,000 square feet masonry chemical building.
- Construction of 1,000 square feet blower house.
- Installation of HDPE pipe.
- Removal and replacement of manholes.
- Grading of sludge drying ponds.
- Concrete and asphalt site work.
- Security clearances.
- Safety program - hazardous materials, shoring, earthwork.
- Active treatment plant.
- CIP Structural Concrete Clarifiers.