San Xavier Cooperative Farm Remediation
The Bureau of Reclamation awarded this project to West Point Contractors to complete remediation to the San Xavier Farm on the Tohono O’Odham Nation. West Point Contractors completed repairs to the farm’s water system, drainage, and as well as erosion repairs on the Santa Cruz River. The San Xavier Farm plays an important role in reviving traditional agriculture and to promote cultural education. WPC was proud to play a role in ensuring the farm continues to play this vital role in the community.
Scope of Work
- 2,819 cubic yards of excavation for pipe installation and erosion repair.
- Installation of 540 linear feet of 18-inch and 20-inch diameter PVC drainage pipe.
- Placed 520 tons of rip-rap.
- High pressure pipeline vault modifications.
- Gravel surfacing for roadway.
- Removal, repair and replace existing flow meters.
- Installation of 4 sump pumps
- Apply 4,025 square feet of spray foam roof insulation.
- Install fence, gates and road signs.
- Worked with high pressure water lines actively carrying CAP water to multiple locations.
- Balanced needs and expectations of Bureau of Reclamation and Tohono O’Odham Nation.
- Provided an accepted Value Engineering Modification saving the client over $10,000.00.
- Upgraded outdated and obsolete equipment.
- Ensured all project staff demonstrated respect for Tohono O’Odham culture and expectation.